Having some few good conversation starters should kindle a nice conversation with a girl.
But once you’ve successfully engaged the girl you like in a conversation and she’s responding positively, what’s a guy to do?
Well, you need to keep the conversation going, to rekindle the emotional connection and attraction you’re building with her.
And here in this article, I teach you how to keep a conversation going with a girl.
Before we begin…
Keep in mind, when talking to a girl…
…don’t be preoccupied with the things to talk about in an effort to keep the conversation going.
Instead, listen to what the girl says.
As a rule of thumb, be the one to control the conversation.
Talk about exciting topics that interest her… it won’t bore her as talking about things she cares less about.
Start by asking her open-ended questions about herself. (Not just the “yes” and “no” type of questions)
Listen to her talk and pay attention to what she emphasizes on. [Read how to talk to a girl]
Again, don’t be preoccupied with things to say next.
By taking control of the conversation and listening to her talk, you’ll be hit with the right questions to keep the conversation going.
With that said, let’s get started… how to keep a conversation going with a girl.
Here’s how to keep a conversation going with a girl
Encourage her to give details about what she says
As mentioned earlier, get a girl talking about herself and listen to what she says.
Because the more you get her talking, and you shut up and listen to what she says, the more you’ll find other interesting topics to keep a conversation going.
For instance, when she says something like:
- “I was pleased with getting a contract completed”
Clearly, she’s proud of what she did. And she’ll like to talk about it more.
So you encourage her to continue talking about it.
By saying something like:
- “How did that make you feel?”
- “No kidding. Tell me more”
Here’re some of the things to say to keep a conversation going:
- “Go on”
- “Why is that?”
- “Tell me more”
- “Tell me more about it”
- “How did that happen?”
- “It’s amazing, tell me about it”
- “You said blah, blah, blah, what happened?”
Encourage her to give details to dig deeper to find other topics to talk about with her.
You should try and relate to the things she’s saying back to you. And share a similar experience to further keep the conversation going.
Next on how to keep the conversation going with a girl…
Find something she says to start another conversation
There’re two ways to keep a conversation going with a girl here:
- Taking any word from her answer or what she says to start a new conversation.
- Using the last thing she says to ask your next question.
For instance, she says something like:
- “Today I was at the office, but the damn printer wouldn’t work and my boss got on my case for not handing in my reports on time.”
You can take the word ‘boss’, then branch out and talk about bosses.
Here’s an example of what to say to keep a conversation going:
- “I hate that. Bad bosses are the worst. I had a boss who was a complete alcoholic and used to get liquored up either the night before or the morning of, and would come into work every day smelling like booze and cigarettes and would just go pass out in his office while we goofed off all day.”
Taking the word ‘printer’, you can branch out and talk about printers or your experience with one:
- “That’s awful. I was just using the printer over at the FedEx store today. Fortunately, no problems there. I printed out about a thousand pages, and this huge line formed behind me. The clerk was staring at me like he wanted to shank me in the liver.”
Or use the last thing she says to ask your next question:
- Her: “There’re too many drunk guys here.”
- You: “Do you have problems with the drunk guys? Do you end up in Tequila drinking contests with them or something?”
- Her: “Ha-ha! No, I don’t have any problems with them. Only when they start getting really obnoxious.”
- You: “What have they done that’s obnoxious?”
- Her: “Oh, you wouldn’t believe it. I was blah blah blah.”
Don’t try too hard to transition from topic to topic… don’t look for any connection… just talk naturally.
As you talk, you’ll pick up on other interesting conversation topics.
Store them away for later then proceed with your current conversation.
Go back to what you picked up when you run out of things to say to start a new conversation.
- “You said blah, blah, blah… so what happened”
Here’s another way on how to keep a conversation going with a girl…
Look around you and find a topic from your surroundings
Let’s say you’re on a date with this girl, and you hear your favorite music playing on the radio. Here, you can tell her about the time you met the artiste in L.A. Or the greatest concert you’ve ever gone to.
Ask about hers too to keep the conversation going.
Are they showing sports where you are? Ask her if she’s into any particular team.
Is it a movie? Ask her if she’s ever watched it, and what she thinks.
Talk about it for a while, then branch out to other related topics.
It can even be her jewelry, her hairstyle, or her choice in clothes. Then ask:
- “What’s the story behind that?”
So that’s how to keep a conversation going with a girl.
Still running out of things to say, and can’t hold a conversation?
…ask her to excuse you for a second while you make a trip to the men’s room.
Go in there, then regroup.
You probably have some questions or good conversation topics reserved.
Come back to her and open up a new line of conversation.
- “Earlier on, you were saying blah, blah, blah… so what happened”
Summing it all up: How to keep the conversation going with a girl
Be the one to control the conversation by asking her open-ended questions about herself, or the things that she finds interest in.
Even if she initiates a topic, direct it towards her. Because every answer you get can be used to create a whole new line of interesting questions to keep a conversation going with a girl.
When all’s said and done, you can tell a funny or a captivating story relating to the topic at hand, to further keep the conversation going.
So there you have it… how to keep a conversation going with a girl.
Do you find this article helpful? Then share. And comment below and let me know what you think.